Remote learning is an interactive process for the educator and the students, cameras on and replying in the chat are two ways we promote interaction with our students. To ensure a positive experience for all, we ask that parents and caregivers adhere to the following Code of Conduct. Thank you for being our partner in learning.
Encourage Student Learning
- Encourage your child to participate fully in their virtual class, by having their cameras on and sharing their thoughts with their class
- Allow your child to express their own thinking and demonstrate their own learning, this will support us in providing for their learning needs and next steps
- Assist with setting up a learning space in the home, and have their learning supplies beside them
- Respect the privacy of everyone in the virtual classroom
- Refrain from taking photos, screenshots, capturing images of other students
- Refrain from sharing the links to live meetings
Communicate with the Teacher
- Contact the teacher, using the teacher’s email or phone number, if one has been provided, about anything that is important to you and your student’s well-being or learning
- Staff will respond to emails or phone calls when they are able either during the school day or sometimes after school.
- Your child’s educators will provide you with the best way to communicate with them for a speedy response. Thank you for understanding that they are not able to interrupt a class lesson to answer parental inquiries.
Support Safe, Caring and Inclusive Classrooms
- Support the efforts of school staff in maintaining a safe, caring, and inclusive learning environment
- Celebrate, respect and recognize the diversity within your child’s virtual classroom.
- Reject all forms of intolerance and prejudice on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disabilities, and family status
- WRDSB Bullying Prevention and Intervention
Respect the Virtual Classroom
- Understand that the virtual classroom and live meets are for students and teachers only
- Parents/guardians should not appear on camera or speak directly to the teacher or class during the synchronous learning times
- Do not unmute the microphone during instruction to ask a question or access the chat feature unless there is an emergency
- Waterloo Catholic District School Board
- WRDSB Responsible Use Procedure